OG10 SC Quiz 5 2x
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Sentence Correction 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
Question 1 of 10
Health officials estimate that 35 million Africans are in danger of contracting trypanosomiasis, or “African sleeping sickness,” a parasitic disease spread by the bites of tsetse flies.CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 10
Unlike a funded pension system, in which contributions are invested to pay future beneficiaries, a pay-as-you-go approach is the foundation of Social Security.CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 10
Critics of the trend toward privately operated prisons consider corrections facilities to be an integral part of the criminal justice system and question if profits should be made from incarceration.CorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 10
The Federal Reserve Board’s reduction of interest rates on loans to financial institutions is both an acknowledgment of past economic trends and an effort to influence their future direction.CorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 10
Congress is debating a bill requiring certain employers provide workers with unpaid leave so as to care for sick or newborn children.CorrectIncorrect
Question 6 of 10
Although she had signed a pledge of abstinence while being an adolescent, Frances Willard was 35 years old before she chose to become a temperance activist.CorrectIncorrect
Question 7 of 10
A President entering the final two years of a second term is likely to be at a severe disadvantage and is often unable to carry out a legislative program.CorrectIncorrect
Question 8 of 10
The number of undergraduate degrees in engineering awarded by colleges and universities in the United States increased by more than twice from 1918 to 1985.CorrectIncorrect
Question 9 of 10
The British Admiralty and the War Office met in March 1892 to consider a possible Russian attempt to seize Constantinople and how they would have to act militarily to deal with them.CorrectIncorrect
Question 10 of 10
If the proposed expenditures for gathering information abroad are reduced even further, international news reports have been and will continue to diminish in number and quality.CorrectIncorrect