OG10 PS Quiz 8 2x
0 of 8 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 8 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Problem Solving 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
- Question 1 of 8
Starting from Town S, Fred rode his bicycle 8 miles due east, 3 miles due south, 2 miles due west, and 11 miles due north, finally stopping at Town T. If the entire region is flat, what is the straight-line distance, in miles, between Towns S and T ?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 8
- Question 3 of 8
Lloyd normally works 7.5 hours per day and earns $4.50 per hour. For each hour he works in excess of 7.5 hours on a given day, he is paid 1.5 times his regular rate. If Lloyd works 10.5 hours on a given day how much does he earn for that day?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 8
If x = -3,what is the value of -3x²?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 8
(29²+29) / 29 =CorrectIncorrect
- Question 6 of 8
Mr. Hernandez, who was a resident of State X for only 8 months last year, had a taxable income of $22,500 for the year. If the state tax rate were 4 percent of the year’s taxable income prorated for the proportion of the year during which the taxpayer was a resident, what would be the amount of Mr. Hernandez’s State X tax for last year?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 7 of 8
The number of coronary-bypass operations performed in the United States increased from 13,000 in 1970 to 191,000 in 1983. What was the approximate percent increase in the number of coronary-bypass operations from 1970 to 1983?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 8 of 8
If it is true that x > -2 and x < 7, whichof the following must be true?CorrectIncorrect