OG10 PS Quiz 5 2x
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Problem Solving 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
Question 1 of 10
If the product of the integers w, x, y, and z is 770, and if 1 < w < x < y < z, what is the value of w + z?CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 10
If the population of a certain country increases at the rate of one person every 15 seconds, by how many persons does the population increase in 20 minutes?CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 10
For an agricultural experiment, 300 seeds were planted in one plot and 200 were planted in a second plot. If exactly 25 percent of the seeds in the first plot germinated and exactly 35 percent of the seeds in the second plot germinated, what percent of the total number of seeds germinated?CorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 10
If a/b = 2/3, which of the following is NOT true?CorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 10
Coins are to be put into 7 pockets so that each pocket contains at least one coin. At most 3 of the pockets are to contain the same number of coins, and no two of the remaining pockets are to contain an equal number of coins. What is the least possible number of coins needed for the pockets?CorrectIncorrect
Question 6 of 10
Question 7 of 10
A furniture store sells only two models of desks, model A and model B. The selling price of model A is $120, which is 30 percent of the selling price of model B. If the furniture store sells 2,000 desks, 3/4 of which are model B, what is the furniture store’s total revenue from the sale of desks?CorrectIncorrect
Question 8 of 10
The weights of four packages are 1, 3, 5, and 7 pounds, respectively. Which of the following CANNOT be the total weight, in pounds, of any combination of the packages?CorrectIncorrect
Question 9 of 10
During the four years that Mrs. Lopez owned her car, she found that her total car expenses were $18,000. Fuel and maintenance costs accounted for 1/3 of the total and depreciation accounted for 3/5 of the remainder. The cost of insurance was 3 times the cost of financing, and together these two costs accounted for 1/5 of the total. If the only other expenses were taxes and license fees, then the cost of financing was how much more or less than the cost of taxes and license fees?CorrectIncorrect
Question 10 of 10
A car travels from Mayville to Rome at an average speed of 30 miles per hour and returns immediately along the same route at an average speed of 40 miles per hour. Of the following, which is closest to the average speed, in miles per hour, for the round-trip?CorrectIncorrect