OG10 PS Quiz 17 2x
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Problem Solving 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
- Question 1 of 10
If 4x + 3y = -2 and 3x + 6 = 0,what is the value of y ?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 10
If stock is sold three months after it is purchased, the formula above relates P, D, S, and r, where P is the purchase price of the stock, D is the amount of any dividend received, S is the selling price of the stock, and r is the yield of the investment as a percent. If Rose purchased $400 worth of stock, received a dividend of $5, and sold the stock for $420 three months after purchasing it, what was the yield of her investment according to the formula? (Assume that she paid no commissions.)CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 10
Which of the following is the least positive integer that is divisible by 2,3,4,5,6,7, 8, and 9?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 10
Last year, a certain public transportation system sold an average (arithmetic mean) of 41,000 tickets per day on weekdays (Monday through Friday) and an average of 18,000 tickets per day on Saturday and Sunday. Which of the following is closest to the total number of tickets sold last year?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 10
If a number between 0 and 1/2 is selected at random, which of the following will the number most likely be between?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 6 of 10
The table above shows the results of a recent school board election in which the candidate with the higher total number of votes from the five districts was declared the winner. Which district had the greatest number of votes for the winner?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 7 of 10
- Question 8 of 10
A certain junior class has 1,000 students and a certain senior class has 800 students. Among these students, there are 60 sibling pairs, each consisting of 1 junior and 1 senior. If 1 student is to be selected at random from each class, what is the probability that the 2 students selected will be a sibling pair?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 9 of 10
- Question 10 of 10
Which of the following CANNOT be the median of the three positive integers x,y, and z?CorrectIncorrect