OG10 PS Quiz 12 2x
0 of 8 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 8 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Problem Solving 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
Question 1 of 8
A rectangular circuit board is designed to have width w inches, perimeter p inches, and area Ir square inches. Which of the following equations must be true?CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 8
On a certain road, 10 percent of the motorists exceed the posted speed limit and receive speeding tickets, but 20 percent of the motorists who exceed the postedspeed limit do not receive speeding tickets. What percent of the motorists on that road exceed the posted speed limit?CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 8
A certain college has a student-to-teacher ratio of11 to l. The average (arithmetic mean) annual salary for teachers is $26,000. If the college pays a total of $3,380,000 in annual salaries to its teachers, how many students does the college have?CorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 8
In a certain population, there are 3 times as many people aged twenty-one or under as there are people over twenty-one. The ratio of those twenty-one or under to the total population isCorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 8
A certain telescope increases the visual range ata particular location from 90 kilometers to 150 kilometers. By what percent is the visual range increased by using the telescope?CorrectIncorrect
Question 6 of 8
A factory that employs 1,000 assembly-line workers pays each of these workers $5 per hour for the first 40 hours worked during a week and 1 1/2 times that rate for hours worked in excess of 40. What was the total payroll for theassembly-line workers for a week in which 30 percent of them worked 20 hours, 50 percentworked 40 hours, and the rest worked 50 hours?CorrectIncorrect
Question 7 of 8
A certain pair of used shoes can be repaired for $12.50 and will last for I year. A pair of the same kind of shoes can be purchased new for $28.00 and will last for 2 years. The average cost per year of the new shoes is what percent greater than the cost of repairing the used shoes?CorrectIncorrect
Question 8 of 8
In a certain brick wall, each row of bricks above the bottom row contains one less brick than the row just below it. If there are 5 rows in all and a total of 75 bricks in the wall, how many bricks does the bottom row contain?CorrectIncorrect