OG10 PS Quiz 10 2x
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Problem Solving 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
Question 1 of 10
A hiker walked for two days. On the second day the hiker walked 2 hours longer and at an average speed 1 mile per hour faster than he walked on the first day. If during the two days he walked a total of 64 miles and spent a total of 18 hours walking what was his average speed on the first day?CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 10
lf a printer can print 2 pages of text per second, then, at this rate, approximately how many minutes will it take to print 5,000 pages of text?CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 10
ln the circular region with center O, shown above, the two unshaded sections comprise 3/7 and 1/3 of the area of the circular region. The shaded section comprises what fractional part of the area of the circular region?CorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 10
Envelopes can be purchased for $1.50 per pack of 100, $1.00 per pack of 50, or $0.03 each. What is the greatest number of envelopes that can be purchased for $7.30?CorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 10
An optometrist charges $150 per pair for soft contact lenses and $85 per pair for hard contact Ienses. Last week she sold 5 more pairs of soft lenses than hard lenses. If her total sales for pairs of contact lenses last week were $1,690, what was the total number of pairs of contact lenses that she sold?CorrectIncorrect
Question 6 of 10
The size of a television screen is given as the length of the screen’s diagonal. If the screens were flat, then the area of a square 2l-inch screen would be how many square inches greater than the area of a square 19-inch screen?CorrectIncorrect
Question 7 of 10
If 3 and 8 are the lengths of two sides of a triangular region, which of the following can be the length of the third side?
Question 8 of 10
One night a certain motel rented 3/4 of its rooms, including 2/3 of its air-conditioned rooms. If 3/5 of its rooms were air-conditioned, what percent of the rooms that were not rented were air-conditioned?CorrectIncorrect
Question 9 of 10
On a certain street, there is an odd number of houses in a row. The houses in the row are painted alternately white and green, with the first house painted white. If n is the total number of houses in the row, how many of the houses are painted white?CorrectIncorrect
Question 10 of 10
A restaurant buys fruit in cans containing 3 1/2 cups of fruit each. If the restaurant uses 1/2 cup of the fruit in each serving of its fruit compote, what is the least number of cans needed to prepare 60 servings of the compote?CorrectIncorrect