OG10 PS Quiz 1 2x
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Problem Solving 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
- Question 1 of 10
Harriet wants to put up fencing around three sides of her rectangular yard and leave a side of 20 feet unfenced. If the yard has an area of 680 square feet, how many feet of fencing does she need?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 10
lf u > t, r > q, s > t, and t > r, which of the following must be true?
I. u > s
II. s > q
lll. u > rCorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 10
Increasing the original price of an article by 15 percent and then increasing the new price by 15 percent is equivalent to increasing the original price byCorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 10
One hour after Yolanda started walking from X to Y, a distance of 45 miles, Bob started walking along the same road from Y to X.If Yolanda’s walking rate was 3 miles per hour and Bob’s was 4 miles per hour, how many miles had Bob walked when they met?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 10
Which of the following equations has a root in common with x²-6x+5=0?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 6 of 10
During the first week of September, a shoe retailer sold 10 pairs of a certain style of oxfords at $35.00 a pair. If, during the second week of September, 15 pairs were sold at the sale price of $27.50 a pair, by what amount did the revenue from weekly sales of these oxfords increase during the second week?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 7 of 10
Coins are dropped into a toll box so that the box is being filled at the rate of approximately 2 cubic feet per hour. If the empty rectangular box is 4 feet long, 4 feet wide, and 3 feet deep, approximately how many hours does it take to fill the box?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 8 of 10
A union contract specifies a 6 percent salary increase plus a $450 bonus for each employee. For a certain employee, this is equivalent to an 8 percent salary increase. What was this employee’s salary before the new contract?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 9 of 10
Elena purchased brand X pens for $4.00 apiece and brand Y pens for $2.80 apiece. If Elena purchased a total of 12 of these pens for $42.00, how many brand X pens did she purchase?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 10 of 10
Of the 3,600 employees of Company X, 1/3 are clerical. If the clerical staff were to be reduced by 1/3, what percent of the total number of the remaining employees would then be clerical?CorrectIncorrect