OG10 DS Quiz 1 2x
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Data Sufficiency 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
- Question 1 of 10
By what percent was the price of a certain candy bar increased?
(1) The price of the candy bar was increased by 5 cents.
(2) The price of the candy bar after the increase was 45 cents.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 10
Is it true that a > b ?
(1) 2a > 2b
(2) a + c > b + cCorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 10
A thoroughly blended biscuit mix includes only flour and baking powder: What is the ratio of the number of grams of baking powder to the number of grams of flour in the mix?
(1) Exactly 9.9 grams of flour is contained in 10 grams of the mix.
(2) Exactly 0.3 gram of baking powder is contained in 30 grams of the mix.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 10
If a real estate agent received a commission of 6 percent of the selling price of a certain house, what was the selling price of the house?
(1) The selling price minus the real estate agent’s commission was $84,600.
(2) The selling price was 250 percent of the original purchase price of $36,000.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 10
A certain bakery sells rye bread in 16-ounce loaves and 24-ounce loaves, and all loaves of the same size sell for the same price per loaf regardless of the number of loaves purchased. What is the price of a 24-ounce loaf of rye bread in this bakery?
(1) The total price of a 16-ounce loaf and a 24-ounce loaf of this bread is $2.40.
(2) The total price of two 16-ounce loaves and one 24-ounce loaf of this bread is $3.40.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 6 of 10
- Question 7 of 10
Is the integer n odd?
(1) n is divisible by 3
(2) n is divisible by 5CorrectIncorrect
- Question 8 of 10
- Question 9 of 10
A certain company currently has how many employees?
(1) If 3 additional employees are hired by the company and all of the present employees remain, there will be at least 20 employees in the company.
(2) If no additional employees are hired by the company and 3 of the present employees resign, there will be fewer than 15 employees in the company.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 10 of 10
If x is equal to one of the numbers 1/4, 3/8, or 2/5, what is the value of x ?
(1) 1/4 < x < 1/2
(2) 1/3 < x < 3/5CorrectIncorrect