GPVQB SC Quiz 6 Test 2 S1 2x
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Sentence Correction 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
Question 1 of 10
Studies that have compared the different types of insects in coffee plantations and tropical forests have reported either finding a similar or a greater variety in plantations.CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 10
The two oil companies agreed to merge their refining and marketing operations in the Midwest and the West, forming a new company for controlling nearly fifteen percent of the nation’s gasoline sales.CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 10
Britain’s economic growth was slower in the mid-1970’s and its decline much more rapid in the subsequent recession than the United States.CorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 10
Greatly influenced by the Protestant missionary Samuel Kirkland, the Oneida was the only one of the five-nation Iroquois League who sided with the colonists during the American Revolution.CorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 10
With a new park, stadium, and entertainment complex along the Delaware River, Trenton, New Jersey, is but one of a large number of communities that is looking to use its waterfront as a way for it to improve the quality of urban life and attract new businesses.CorrectIncorrect
Question 6 of 10
Unlike crested wheatgrass, an alien species from Siberia that forms only shallow roots and produces tall above-ground shoots, native North American grasses develop an extensive root system, allowing for greater enrichment of the soil, but do not grow to be very tall.CorrectIncorrect
Question 7 of 10
The ecosystems of barrier islands are extremely vulnerable–whether from natural processes like shoreline recession, rising sea levels, and destructive hurricanes, or the ever-increasing pressures of development.CorrectIncorrect
Question 8 of 10
If current trends continue, by the year 2010 carbon emissions in the United States will soar to a level more than one-third higher than were those in 1990, according to official projections.CorrectIncorrect
Question 9 of 10
An international group of more than 2,000 scientists project an average global warming that will be between 1.8 and 6.3 degrees Fahrenheit by the year 2000.CorrectIncorrect
Question 10 of 10
Pioneered by scientists at Los Alamos National Laboratory, BEAM robots are not programmed to walk; instead they use brainlike circuits called neural networks to learn to walk through trial and error.CorrectIncorrect