GPVQB SC Quiz 11 Test 2 S1 2x
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Sentence Correction 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
- Question 1 of 10
The electronics company has unveiled what it claims to be the world’s smallest network digital camcorder, the length of which is that of a handheld computer, and it weighs less than 11 ounces.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 10
Unlike a female grizzly bear in the Rockies, which typically occupies a range of 50 to 300 square miles, a male’s range will cover 200 to 500 and occasionally as many as 600.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 10
The parachutelike membranes of Africa’s scaly-tailed flying squirrels differ from those of the flying squirrels in the family Sciuridae because they are attached to a cartilage rod at the elbow instead of the wrist.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 10
The yield per acre of coffee berries varies enormously in that a single tree, depending on both its size and on climate and altitude, could produce enough berries to make between one and twelve pounds of dried beans a year.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 10
2001 proved to be the automaker’s first losing year since 1992, when the company had lost $7.4 billion, which was primarily because of almost $7 billion in accounting charges.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 6 of 10
As with those of humans, the DNA of grape plants contains sites where certain unique sequences of nucleotides are repeated over and over.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 7 of 10
Galileo did not invent the telescope, but on hearing, in 1609, that such an optical instrument had been made, he quickly built his own device from an organ pipe and spectacle lenses.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 8 of 10
In the United States, while the number of foreign-born residents and their children is higher than ever, the percentage of the population they represent is not; in 1910 this group made up 35 percent of the population when compared to 20 percent in 2000.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 9 of 10
Unlike psychiatrists, who are trained as medical doctors, psychologists have historically been forbidden from prescribing their patients drugs, but in 2002 New Mexico began to grant the privilege of prescribing to licensed, doctoral level psychologists who complete an additional training and certification program.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 10 of 10
The ivory-billed woodpecker, once the largest woodpecker in North America at a striking 20 inches tall, has moved in and out of the extinct category, with scientists consistently unable to find solid proof for the bird to still exist.CorrectIncorrect