GPT PS Quiz 7 Test 37 Section 4A 2x
0 of 8 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 8 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Problem Solving 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
- Question 1 of 8
Of the people who responded to a market survey, 120 preferred Brand X and the rest preferred Brand Y . If the respondents indicated a preference for Brand X over Brand Y by a ratio of 3 to 1, how many people responded to the survey?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 8
(x + 3y)²=CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 8
At Company K, 15 percent of the employees are secretaries and 60 percent are salespeople. If there are 45 other employees of Company K, how many employees does Company K have?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 8
- Question 5 of 8
If x and y are negative integers, which of the following must be true?
I. x – y < 0
II. x/y > y
III. x² > yCorrectIncorrect
- Question 6 of 8
A certain hotel has 1,400 single rooms and 420 double rooms. Each room is cleaned by one person. If one person can clean a single room every 15 minutes and a double room every 20 minutes, how many cleaning persons are needed to clean all of the rooms if each person works for exactly 7 hours?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 7 of 8
In the figure above, the two square regions have areas 16 and 25, respectively. What is the area of the shaded triangular region?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 8 of 8
If the consumer price index for a sample of goods and services purchased in Dallas rose from 100 at the end of 1967 to x at the end of 1985, what was the average (arithmetic mean) annual increase in the index over this period?CorrectIncorrect