GPT PS Quiz 12 Test 42 Section 6B 2x
0 of 8 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 8 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Problem Solving 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
Question 1 of 8
A rectangular-shaped carpet remnant that measures x feet by y feet is priced at $50. What is the cost of the carpet, in dollars per square yard? (9 square feet =1 square yard)CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 8
In a certain voting district, 40 percent of registered voters live in Town A and the rest live in Town B. In the last election, 70 percent of the registered voters from Town A voted. If equal numbers of registered voters from both towns voted, approximately what percent of the registered voters from Town B voted?CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 8
Question 4 of 8
A mixture of nuts is to contain 3 parts cashews to 6 parts almonds to 7 parts walnuts by weight. How many pounds of almonds will be needed to make 5 pounds of the mixture?CorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 8
The figure below represents a rectangular tank. How many cubic centimeters of water are in the tank when the water level is 10 centimeters below the top of the tank?CorrectIncorrect
Question 6 of 8
If 5 – 6/x = x, then x has how many possible values?CorrectIncorrect
Question 7 of 8
If [x] is the greatest integer less than or equal to x, what is the value of [-1.6] + [3.4] + [2.7]?CorrectIncorrect
Question 8 of 8
In year Y imported machine tools accounted for 25 percent of total machine-tool sales in the United States, and Japanese imports accounted for 45 percent of the sales of imported machine tools. If the total sales of machine tools imported from Japan that year was x billion dollars, then the total sales of all machine tools in the United States was how many billion dollars?CorrectIncorrect