GPT PS Quiz 11 Test 42 Section 6A 2x
0 of 8 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 8 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Problem Solving 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
- Question 1 of 8
For all integers a, b, c, and d, *(a, b, c, d) is defined as a – b + c – d. What is the value of *(1, 3, 8, 5)?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 8
For a certain company, operating costs and commissions totaled $550 million in 1990, representing an increase of 10 percent from the previous year. The sum of operating costs and commissions for both years wasCorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 8
A certain computer file contains 8,000 data records, each of which needs to be updated. If it takes 20 seconds to update 100 records, then at the same rate, approximately how many minutes will it take to update all of the records in the file?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 8
If x – 3y = – 20, then 2x – 6y =CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 8
A car salesman earns a base salary of $1,000 per month plus a commission of $200 for each car he sells. If he earned $2,200 in February, how many cars does he have to sell in March in order to double his February earnings?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 6 of 8
Which of the following is equivalent to the pair of inequalities x + 6 > 10 and x – 3 ≤ 5?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 7 of 8
Before leaving on a trip, Ms. Rodes exchanged 500 United States dollars for German marks at an exchange rate of 1.55 marks per dollar. When the trip was canceled, she exchanged the total amount of marks for dollars at an exchange rate of 0.60 dollar per mark. What was the total amount, in dollars, that she lost through the two transactions?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 8 of 8
What is the area of the circular region with center O shown in the figure below?CorrectIncorrect