GPT DS Quiz 5 Test 42 Section 2A 2x
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Data Sufficiency 0%
Thorough review is critical to the learning process and for most people should take a significant amount of time (and effort!) potentially equally or surpassing the amount of time taken to do the question set.
- Redo questions that you got wrong or struggled on without looking at the answers or explanations. Think. Rethink. Push yourself. Put pen to paper. Don’t review with only your eyes!
- Once you’ve solved or if you aren’t able to solve in about 10 minutes carefully review the explanation (if provided). Again, put pen to paper and redo the question along with the explanation.
- If we haven’t provided an explanation or if our explanation didn’t clear up your doubts google the first few words of the question and confirm the solution on the GMAT forums.
- Except for CR and RC, take a screenshot and add it to your dropbox review folder so you can easily revisit the question when assigned review in your HW schedule.
- Bring questions that you still find difficult to QA or to our sessions. For sessions add the screenshots to the “review in session” folder in your dropbox.
Here’s a video outlining the review process: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=X6k3niNoGuA
Question 1 of 10
In College X the number of students enrolled in both a chemistry course and a biology course is how much less than the number of students enrolled in neither?
(1) In College X there are 60 students enrolled in a chemistry course.
(2) In College X there are 85 students enrolled in a biology course.CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 10
What is the value of x?
(1) 3x – 1 = x
(2) 1/x + 1 = 3CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 10
While Mel is on disability leave, his employer pays him a monthly disability benefit equal to $1,200 plus 40 percent of the amount of his monthly salary in excess of $2,000. What is Mel’s monthly salary?
(1) Mel’s monthly disability benefit from his employer is $1,600.
(2) Mel’s monthly salary exceeds $2,500.CorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 10
Does r = 3?
(1) r / 3 = (27×27) / (9x9x9)
(2) 3r = (27 + 27) / (3 + 3)CorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 10
If car X followed car Y across a certain bridge that is 1/2 mile long, how many seconds did it take car X to travel across the bridge?
(1) Car X drove onto the bridge exactly 3 seconds after car Y drove onto the bridge and drove off the bridge exactly 2 seconds after car Y drove off the bridge.
(2) Car Y traveled across the bridge at a constant speed of 30 miles per hour.CorrectIncorrect
Question 6 of 10
What is the maximum number of rectangular blocks, each with dimensions 12 centimeters by 6 centimeters by 4 centimeters, that will fit inside rectangular box X?
(1) When box X is filled with the blocks and rests on a certain side, there are 25 blocks in the bottom layer.
(2) The inside dimensions of box X are 60 centimeters by 30 centimeters by 20 centimeters.CorrectIncorrect
Question 7 of 10
What is the ratio of p to r?
(1) 2p / r = 30
(2) p / 3r = 5CorrectIncorrect
Question 8 of 10
What is the value of x?
(1) x ≤ 8
(2) 8 ≤ xCorrectIncorrect
Question 9 of 10
In a random sample of 80 adults, how many are college graduates?
(1) In the sample, the number of adults who are not college graduates is 3 times the number who are college graduates.
(2) In the sample, the number of adults who are not college graduates is 40 more than the number who are college graduates.CorrectIncorrect
Question 10 of 10
Does x – y = 200?
(1) x = 10²
(2) x = 100 and y = -100CorrectIncorrect